We’ve just published a poster on what to do if you have an emergency with your eyes. The poster will be up in local community centres, doctors surgeries and village halls in the Tadley area as we are keen for people to know what to do should they experience a serious problem with their eyes.
You may not know but we are providers of a Primary Eyecare Assessment and Referral Service (PEARS) under our local Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS) scheme.
This means we may be able to see you in an emergency if you have
- Red eye
- Watery eye
- Pain in your eye
- In-growing eyelashes
- Something in your eye
- Irritation and inflammation
- Dry, gritty and uncomfortable eyes
- A recent or sudden change to your vision
- A significant recent sticky discharge from your eye
- A recent or sudden increase of flashers and floaters in your vision
And if your GP is in Hampshire then you may qualify for a free consultation.
[If you are not sure that your consultation will be free and you have an acute eye problem then please call 0118 981 0267. Our team will be able to tell you whether your eligible for the scheme.]
HOWEVER, please go straight to your nearest Accident and Emergency if you experience
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Significant trauma such as a penetrating injury or lacerations to your eye or eye lid
- Chemical injury or burns
- The need for suture removal
For emergency appointments please call us on 0118 9810267
If you would like one of our posters for your community noticeboard or surgery, please call us on 0118 9810267 and we can arrange to send one to you.